Fraport USA announces partnership with Skyport Hospitality at CLE
August 22, 2018
- Four new dining spots set to open this winter -
Start dreaming of fries with that shake. With Shake Shack, that is. Shake Shack is just one of the newest dining concepts to come to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) this winter, as Fraport USA announces a partnership with Skyport Hospitality that will bring the iconic burger chain and three other new dining concepts to the airport. The multiyear contract covers 5,700 square feet of new and renovated concession space. The Denver-based operator is one of the nation’s highest regarded airport hospitality groups, known for its award-winning locations at Denver International Airport.
“We are thrilled to announce the exciting lineup with our new operator, Skyport Hospitality, and to welcome this talented group to our program at CLE,” said Tina LaForte, Vice President of Fraport Cleveland, the developer and manager of the retail program at the airport. “We share Skyport’s mission to elevate what it means to eat and drink at an airport. Through our partnership and with these new establishments, we are aiming to deliver that and more to serve the airport’s growing passenger base.”
These new fast casual to full-service dining concepts will complement the dining scene at the airport with trendy flavor profiles, ranging from Asian and American to Mexican and mesquite:
- Wow Bao– Known for tasty food served “at the speed of life,” Wow Bao specializes in hot Asian steamed buns, potstickers, rice & noodle bowls, hearty soups, and made today salads. Bao, a favorite portable snack in Asia, are filled with sweet, savory, and breakfast flavors.
- Shake Shack– This critically acclaimed, modern day ‘roadside’ burger stand is known for its 100% all natural Angus beef burgers, chicken sandwiches, griddled flat-top dogs, fresh-made frozen custards, and crisp crinkle-cut fries. A fun and lively community gathering place with widespread appeal, Shake Shack has earned a cult-like following around the world.
- Cantina Taqueria and Tequila Bar– This casual restaurant boasts bright colorful Mexican flavors and authentic traditional cooking methods. Paired with a vast selection of tequilas, fresh cocktails, or ice-cold beers, the Cantina experience will leave you craving for more until your next visit. Upscale Mexican style street food served in the restaurant or express grab and go counter – Bievenidos a Cantina.
- 800 Degrees Woodfired Kitchen–This Chef inspired, L.A. based brand brings a unique approach to the art of cooking with fire. Beloved for its delicious craft pizzas, the woodfired rotisserie also brings fire kissed flavors to sandwiches, salads and appetizers.
“We’ve been welcomed so warmly since we opened our very first Ohio Shack earlier this year in Pinecrest,” said Michael Kark, Shake Shack Vice President of Global Licensing. “We are excited to journey to the West Side and to share Shake Shack with even more Clevelanders, whether they’re just starting their journey or heading home to Cleveland.”
“We are pleased to welcome Skyport Hospitality to the airport, and offer more dining options for hungry passengers,” said Airport Director Robert Kennedy. “We have an exciting mix of local and national brands that will enhance their experience at the airport. We look forward to having our guests try these new spots this winter.”
About Fraport USA®
Fraport USA is the developer and manager of the retail, food and beverage operations at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, Pittsburgh International Airport, and JetBlue’s Terminal 5 at John F. Kennedy International Airport. A leading airport concessions model in North America, Fraport USA projects rank among the highest in passenger spending and receive accolades for innovation and customer service. For information, visit fraport-usa.com. Fraport USA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fraport AG Frankfurt Airport Services Worldwide, the global airport company based in Frankfurt, Germany. For more information about Fraport AG, visit fraport.com.