Ground Transportation Center Construction Project
March 25, 2020
As Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) continues to invest in projects that are customer focused and that will help set the groundwork needed to prepare itself for the future. The opening of Phase 1 of the New Ground Transportation Center (GTC) is one of the key Master Plan enabling projects that will allow for CLE to be more accommodating and hospitable in welcoming the increase of passenger’s flying-into and departing from CLE.
Some of the key highlights of the new GTC include:
- Relocating the GTC to a new area to help reduce traffic congestion at the
passengers drop-off and pick-up locations
- A new covered waiting area to keep passengers safe from inclement weather
- New LED light and heating system that will keep passengers warm during the colder months of the year
- New wooden benches that are installed both in open and covered areas down each isles.
- Improved safety and efficiencies for the operators and passengers
- Designed to be fully handicapped accessible
With the opening of the new GTC, CLE continues to plan for the future by making this new location customer-friendly and accommodating for passengers