CLE is committed to ensuring that all passengers, visitors, and employees have a safe and enjoyable environment in which to travel and work. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is charged with the responsibility of screening all checked baggage, as well as all passengers and carry-on baggage. For information regarding the security screening process, please visit the TSA website.
If you're interested in TSA Pre-Check information, click here
. To enroll in TSA Pre-Check, click here
Checkpoint A: 4:15 a.m. to 8 a.m., 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Checkpoint B: 3:45 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Checkpoint C: 4:15 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Please arrive 90 minutes prior to your scheduled flight departure time to ensure that you and your bags have enough time to go through the screening process and be transported to the aircraft.
- Leave all checked baggage unlocked. Locked baggage may be forcibly unlocked by security screeners if it requires inspection.
- All laptop computers and video cameras must be removed from carry-on bags prior to moving through the screening process.
- Government-issued photo identification—federal, state, or local—is needed by all travelers over the age of 18. If you do not possess any government-issued photo identification, please carry at least two pieces of identification with you—one of which must have been issued by a government authority. You may be asked to show your ID at various locations within the airport, including at check-in, screening, in the gate area, and/or prior to boarding an aircraft.
- Only ticketed passengers are allowed beyond passenger screening points. If you need to accompany a ticketed passenger past a screening point, you should contact the passenger's airline for instructions.
Additional Safety Information
- Please maintain continuous control of carry-on baggage, briefcases, purses, and other personal items at all times.
- Personal items should never be left unattended as they could be subject to tampering or theft.
- Do not carry or transport any items or baggage for any other person, especially people you do not know.
- If you notice any unattended baggage, briefcases, purses, or other items, as well as any suspicious activity, please report it to the Airport Unit of the Cleveland Police Department immediately by dialing 6055 on any white courtesy telephone.
- While at the airport or on airport property, never make jokes about security, including comments about having a bomb or a firearm on your person or in your luggage. Airport personnel are trained to take all such comments as serious threats, and they will immediately report such threats to the Airport Unit of the Cleveland Police Department. Such activity may result in civil and criminal penalties.
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is patrolled by the Airport Unit of the Cleveland Police Department. These highly trained officers are permanently assigned to the airport, with offices conveniently located within the terminal. They provide a wide range of law enforcement duties and responsibilities including patrol, investigation, traffic flow management, and control and response to airport emergencies.
To contact the Airport Unit of the Cleveland Police Department from anywhere in the terminal or the parking garage, dial 6055 on any white courtesy telephone. They may also be contacted from any telephone by dialing (216) 265-6055.